Program Overview, Mission, Vision and Goals
The Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program is designed to provide students with an outstanding education in preparation for careers as general practice physician assistants, as well as to provide a foundation for leadership in an area of advanced clinical practice.
The innovative 30-month curriculum will utilize the extensive resources available at Rush University to provide its students with an excellent training experience.
- The 12-month didactic phase will include lecture, small group discussion, and case-based training to prepare students for clinical rotations.
- The unique 18-month clinical training prepares students to practice as primary care providers, while providing a one of a kind immersion experience in an advanced clinical practice. Current areas for advanced clinical training include orthopedics, cardiothoracic surgery, vascular surgery, emergency medicine, internal medicine, pulmonary and critical care medicine, interventional radiology, urology, neurosurgery, geriatrics, and physical medicine and rehabilitation.
Rush University is excited to offer this PA training opportunity in our renowned medical facility. For more information about the program, visit the website at: www.rushu.rush.edu/pa.program, contact the program via email at email@example.com or call (312) 563-3234.
The mission of the Rush University PA Program is to educate advanced practice PAs to practice medicine with competence, professionalism and compassion driven by academic excellence and a spirit of service to the community.
The Rush University PA Program strives to be a nationally recognized leader in educating advanced practice PAs to assume leadership roles in clinical and professional practice.
The goals of the Rush University PA Studies program are:
- Prepare highly qualified PAs to take leadership roles in clinical practice, collaborative patient-centered care, and service to the community and to the profession.
- Provide enhanced training opportunities to students in various areas of clinical practice.
- Prepare PAs who use best practice methods to plan, develop, and deliver high quality, cost-effective health care services.
- Promote evidence-based practice as an integral part of effective medical practice.
- Provide a learning environment which is committed to promoting diversity and cultural humility.